Highlander is the code name for the version of Delphi that will support .NET 2.0, probably to be released as CodeGear Developer Studio 2007
As news becomes available about Highlander information will be added here.
NOTE: Just because a feature is/has been listed here doesn't mean it will appear in Highlander. This information is obtained from Borland presentations or audiocasts and hasn't necessary been committed to by Borland.
Release schedule for Highlander:
- Originally planned for "shortly after Microsoft's .NET 2.0 release".
- Now, slated for 2nd half 2007 release. See new roadmap.
Features that Borland has planned for Highlander:
- VCL for .NET 2.0.
- ECO for VCL.NET
Originally mentioned by Michael Swindell on BDNRadio, "DeXter and the Delphi roadmap," when asked when ECO for VCL.NET was planned for. This can be read in the transcript here. Now shown in roadmap mentioned above.
- Generic types for native code (Win32)
Features that may be in Highlander:
- Full .NET 2.0 support (Generics, etc.).
Features no longer planned for Highlander:
- Holger Flick's betablog - Splash screen
- Bob Swart's betablog - Generics
- The Delphi Hour Highlander preview (video)
|Win32||Delphi 2 • Delphi 3 • Delphi 4 • Delphi 5 • Delphi 6 • Delphi 7 • Delphi 2007 for Win32|
|Win32 + .NET:||Borland Developer Studio 2005 • Borland Developer Studio 2006 • CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 • CodeGear RAD Studio 2009|
|Other:||Kylix • Delphi for PHP • 3rdRail • Turbo Delphi 2006|
|More info:||Release Dates and Codenames • Compiler Release Dates • Compiler Conditional Defines|